We are looking for an experienced Trainer to join our small and supportive team, working 28 hours (4 days) a week. If you crave a challenging, rewarding role within a highly regarded, ground-breaking organisation dedicated to ending Violence Against Women and Girls, we would like to hear from you. As our Trainer you will be responsible for delivering AVA training across the UK and play a leading role in the development and quality assurance of AVA training.
AVA (Against Violence and Abuse) is a leading UK charity committed to ending gender based violence and abuse. We strive to improve services for survivors through our learning, resources and consultancy, and end violence against women and girls through our policy, research and prevention work. We have specific expertise on Multiple Disadvantage & Children and Young People.
Responsibilities of the post include
- Delivering in-house, open and contract AVA training across the UK.
- Helping to create, review and update AVA courses, with a view to ensuring accuracy, quality, consistency and adherence to branding.
- Contributing to the strategic development of AVA’s training, ensuring that it continues to be groundbreaking, relevant and based on the needs and experiences of survivors.
Requirements of the post include
- Extensive knowledge about Violence Against Women and Girls.
- A training qualification or at least 2 years experience of delivering training on gender based violence and abuse.
- Experience of delivering interactive training using a range of training methods.
- The ability and willingness to travel across the UK to deliver training on a regular basis, including overnight stays.
We are looking for someone to work 28 hours (4 days) a week. Some flexibility can be given regarding to working hours but you will need to be available for at least 3 whole days a week as the post involves delivering full day training courses on a weekly basis. When not travelling around the country to deliver training you will need to be able to work from our office in Vauxhall, London, although some home working will also be possible.
The salary is £31,518 (pro rata).
For further information please see the job application pack which includes a job description, person specification, organisational chart and equal opportunities monitoring form. To apply please send the following:
- your CV which must include details of your education, qualifications and any relevant training, your employment history and 2 referees
- a covering letter, no more than 2 sides of A4 in total, which outlines why you want the job and your skills, experience and knowledge in relation to each of the points in Person Specification.
- a completed equal opportunities monitoring form
To email@example.com by 9am on Monday 21 October. Interviews will take place on 31st October.
By making an application you are stating that you are legally entitled to work in the UK. The appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
AVA is an equal opportunities employer. Please contact us if you would like to see our Equal Opportunities and Anti-Harassment Policy. If you don’t have a CV prepared and would rather make your application by filling in our standard application form please contact us to request one.