Director (Training and Consultancy) required
Are you passionate about eradicating violence against women and girls? AVA (Against Violence and Abuse) is a leading UK charity committed to ending gender based violence and abuse. We work with survivors to champion evidence based change, through our policy, research, training and consultancy work. We have specific expertise on Multiple Disadvantage & Children and Young People.
Responsibilities of the post include
- To develop and deliver a strategic approach to learning that will embed and enhance AVA’s reputation as a provider of quality training and online learning on a range of issues including abuse, trauma and multiple disadvantage
- To oversee the development and growth of AVA’s consultancy work , through submitting successful bids, developing effective marketing and ensuring that our consultancy offer remains relevant.
- To form part of the senior management team
Requirements of the post include
- Knowledge of a wide range of Violence Against Women and Girls related issues.
- A track record of producing successful high quality tenders for training and/or consultancy work
- An understanding of the current learning environment, including online learning and accreditation
This is a part time post (21 hours per week). Our office is based in Vauxhall, London, but we will consider home based applicants who are able to travel regularly to London when required in the future.
Further information follows in this job application pack, including a job description, person specification, and equal opportunities monitoring form.
Applications should consist of:
- Your CV which must include details of your education, qualifications and any relevant training, your employment history and 2 referees.
- A covering letter, no more than 2 sides of A4 in total, which outlines why you want the job and your skills, experience and knowledge in relation to each of the points in the person specification.
- A completed equal opportunities monitoring form.
Please send your application to Bimmy Rai – firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on the 11th of November.
By making an application you are stating that you are legally entitled to work in the UK. The appointment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and references.
AVA is an equal opportunities employer. Please contact us if you would like to see our Equal Opportunities and Anti-Harassment Policy or our Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy.