AVA (Against Violence & Abuse) is working with Manchester Metropolitan University to recruit South Asian women for sensitive 1-1 interviews as part of their research project exploring South Asian women’s experiences of alcohol and/or drug use where substances have led to difficulties or problems in their lives. The aim of the study is to improve service provision for South Asian women.
For the purpose of this study, AVA is looking to recruit 10 women from South Asian backgrounds who identify as having/had a problematic relationship with alcohol to take part in interviews over the summer until 31 August 2022.
- Interviews will be conducted sensitively by female researchers from Manchester Metropolitan University, either over the phone or online and will last between 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- Accessibility needs/costs can be covered.
- Participants will receive a £20 voucher for taking part.
- All interview participants will remain anonymous, confidentiality upheld, and data collected will be held in accordance with Manchester Metropolitan’s GDPR Policy.
- Participants can opt out at any point in the process.
- Once someone has shown interest, their name and contact details will be passed on to the researcher from the university who will follow up and arrange the interviews.
For more information and how to get involved, please contact Ella Sinclair at AVA via email@example.com