Initial 15 month contract (possibility of extension)
Salary: £37,412 (pro rata)
Are you passionate about eradicating violence against women and girls? Do you have knowledge and experience around the particular issues for children and young people?
AVA (Against Violence and Abuse) is a leading UK charity committed to ending gender based violence and abuse. We strive to improve services for survivors through our learning, resources and consultancy, and end Violence Against Women and Girls through our policy, research and prevention work. We have specific expertise on Multiple Disadvantage & Children and Young People.
Responsibilities of the post include
- To lead, develop and manage projects relating to all forms of gender based violence, in particular around children and young people.
- To be the policy lead on children and young people
- To contribute to project and policy work across AVA, including training and consultancy work.
- To build and manage strong partnerships for AVA both within the Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) sector, and beyond.
Requirements of the post include
- Knowledge of a wide range of Violence Against Women and Girls related issues.
- Specialised knowledge of the issues facing children and young people
- Strong policy analysis skills, with at least two years experience in a policy based role.
- A skilled report writer, able to produce high quality work to tight deadlines.
This is a part time post (21 hours per week), based in our office in Vauxhall, London, with the possibility of some home working. As it is a maternity locum post we are initially offering the post for a period of 15 months, to cover shortfall in capacity as well as the current policy and projects directors maternity leave, which starts in the summer of 2020. We are hoping that the successful candidate will be able to start around the beginning of May 2020 at the latest.
Further information follows in this job application pack, including a job description, person specification, and equal opportunities monitoring form.
Applications should consist of:
- Your CV which must include details of your education, qualifications and any relevant training, your employment history and 2 referees.
- A covering letter, no more than 2 sides of A4 in total, which outlines why you want the job and your skills, experience and knowledge in relation to each of the points in person specification.
- A completed equal opportunities monitoring form.
Please send your application to Bimmy Rai – firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 16 March 2020. Interviews will take place on 23rd March.
By making an application you are stating that you are legally entitled to work in the UK. The appointment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and references.
AVA is an equal opportunities employer. Please contact us if you would like to see our Equal Opportunities and Anti-Harassment Policy or our Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy. If you don’t have a CV prepared and would rather make your application by filling in our standard application form please contact us to request one.