Are you a policy worker who is passionate about eradicating Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG)?
AVA is looking to recruit a maternity locum for our Project Manager, who can work on a number of projects including acting as Secretary to our newly launched national Commission on Women Experiencing Domestic and Sexual Violence and Multiple Disadvantage, chaired by Baroness Hilary Armstrong.
Responsibilities of the post include
- To lead, develop and manage projects relating to all forms of gender based violence, in particular to act as secretary to the Commission on Women Experiencing Domestic and Sexual Violence and Multiple Disadvantage.
- To contribute to project and policy work across AVA, including training and consultancy work.
- To build and manage strong partnerships for AVA both within the Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) sector, and beyond.
Requirements of the post include
- Knowledge of a wide range of Violence Against Women and Girls related issues.
- Specialised knowledge of multiple disadvantage and /or other relevant social policy issues.
- Strong policy analysis skills, with at least two years’ experience in a policy based role.
- A skilled report writer, able to produce high quality work to tight deadlines.
This is a full time post (36 hours per week), based in our office in Vauxhall, London, with the possibility of some home working. As it is a maternity locum post we are initially offering the post for a period of 9 months, however this may be extended to a year or even longer. We are hoping that the successful candidate will be able to start around the beginning of February 2018.
Further information can be found in the job application pack, including a job description, person specification, organisational chart and equal opportunities monitoring form.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 27 November 2017. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 December.
AVA is an equal opportunities employer.