Managing the secondary effects of working with Violence Against Women and Girls will help professionals understand and identify the dynamics and psychological issues that come from work with victims of violence. You will be supported to address the issues with the client and to look at ways to promote self-care, especially the appropriate use of supervision and debriefing. Additionally, the training will provide you with the opportunity to recognise and celebrate achievements and also to reflect on challenges met at a personal and professional level.
- Understanding the affects of working with victims of abuse on the worker
- Practise self-care strategies when issues arise from supporting victims
- Understand dynamics of working relationships between victims and front line staff
- Reflect on achievements and goals
- Develop skills to promote health and well-being at work.
Who should attend?
People who work with women who have experienced violence and abuse who want to manage the effects. People who want to look at ways to promote self-care and good working relationships.
This course has 5 CPD points. You can find out more about Continuing Professional Development here.
If you would like to have this training delivered, please email email@example.com or complete our training enquiry form.