The need for services to be trauma-informed is increasingly well understood. But what does it actually mean in practice? This one-day course on becoming trauma-informed is for managers who are responsible for the design and delivery of health and social care services.
On this course you will gain an understanding of how to recognise and sensitively respond to the effects of trauma. You will use a range of management tools to review current practice. Finally, you will create a plan on becoming trauma informed and introducing a trauma-informed ethos to your service(s).
- Understand what a trauma informed environment is and why adopting a trauma informed approach is appropriate in health and social care services.
- Understand how trauma affects people and how this affects staff.
- Develop an idea of what being trauma-informed will look like for your service(s).
- Explore in depth how to practically implement a trauma-informed approach.
- Understand what secondary or vicarious trauma is and to explore strategies for self-care.
- Take away practical and adaptable tools that will enable your organisation to improve policy and practice.
- Develop an action plan for becoming trauma-informed in your service.
Who should attend?
This course is for service managers and people involved in service development.
We strongly recommend that you attend our face to face Complicated Matters: Links Between Domestic and Sexual Violence, Substance Use and Mental Ill-health course or complete this course as an online e-learning course. For individuals our courses are £15 each or £25 for two. Sign up here or email email@example.com for help with your purchase. We can help you with purchasing multiple logins at discounted prices for your organisation too.
This ensures better understanding when attending this course. Please look at the Complicated Matters course description before booking onto this course to evaluate your level of knowledge is appropriate.
This course has 5 CPD points. You can find out more about Continuing Professional Development here.
If you would like us to deliver this course as in-house training for your organisation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.