As charities transitioned their services to provide support online in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, safeguarding has emerged as a key concern. This course will help you navigate the complex safeguarding landscape and confidently embed key principles within your digital solutions and is accompanied by a comprehensive resource pack.
This course covers:
- High level principles of digital safeguarding
- The differences between working online vs face to face – challenges and opportunities
- Embedding digital safeguarding and risk assessment – things to think about
- Supporting vulnerable people online
- Staff wellbeing and managing secondary trauma when working remotely.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at professionals supporting survivors of domestic abuse or other forms of trauma online and is particularly useful for managers who are designing online services/methods of support.