Thank you to those of you who attended our HLHR launch event on 20th September 2022. The event was chaired by AVA’s Chief Executive Donna Covey CBE and we heard from:
- Doug Flight Strategic, Lead for Grants and Strategic Policy at London Councils (project funder) who discussed London Councils’ commitment to tackling VAWG
- Michaela Queensborough, AVA’s Children and Young People Programme Manager who introduced the HLHR project’s background and aims
- A video recording from Tara Benham, Senior Training Officer at IWKRO Women’s Organisation who introduced IWKRO’s work
- Aisha Rana-Deshmukh, previously Young Women’s Team Administrator but incoming Prevention and Training Coordinator at Women and Girls Network who discussed WGN’s approach to prevention with reference to the specific communities they serve
- A video recording from Gisela Valle, Director of LAWRS who introduced LAWRS’s work
- Ilana Hutchinson, Schools Manager at Jewish Women’s Aid who discussed JWA’s approach to prevention with reference to the specific communities they serve
- Wossen Kifle, Programme Development and Partnerships Manager at FORWARD who discussed FORWARD’s approach to prevention with reference to the specific communities they serve
- Unfortunately IMECE were unable to attend this event, you can read about their excellent work, here
- Eva Kestner, AVA’s Resources Director introduced the HLHR hub prototype
- Adé Solarin, Founder and Director of KIJIJI & AVA trustee spoke about the link between prevention and safeguarding in relation to CYP and VAWG.
Here you can access a video with captions and below is the transcript and the slides from speakers.