Date(s) - 06 Feb 2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Location The Foundry 17 Oval way London SE11 5RR United Kingdom
This course looks at definitions of Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG), myths and statistics, reasons why it is difficult to leave an abusive relationship, indicators of violence and how to provide support to those affected. It will provide you with information on local and national services and referral processes.
- To demonstrate a better understanding of VAWG
- To describe different types of abuse
- To gain an understanding of the statistics and myths surrounding VAWG
- To demonstrate an understanding of reasons why it is difficult to leave an abusive relationship
- To be able to describe indicators of abuse
- To demonstrate knowledge of the impact of VAWG
- To gain an understanding of the appropriate action to be taken in cases of VAWG
- To demonstrate an understanding of accountability and responsibility in relation to VAWG
- To gain knowledge of local and national relevant support services.
Who should attend?
The course is offers an introduction to Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG), including domestic violence and working with clients affected by VAWG.
The course equates to 5 CPD points.
This training is free of charge but depends on eligibility. If you would like to attend this training please fill in this survey online to assess your eligibility for a place. You will be informed of this decision by the 21st of January 2019.