Date(s) - 07 Mar 2023
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This course is for frontline workers and managers who want to gain a deeper understanding of multiple disadvantages, trauma and the impacts of trauma.
By the end of the session, learners will:
- Understand the term multiple disadvantages and have explored links between experiences of violence and abuse, mental ill-health and substance use
- Understand trauma and how experiences of trauma impact people
- Understand the difficulties clients experiencing multiple disadvantages face in engaging with support services
- Consider the impact of working with people who have experienced trauma on workers and consider how to keep themselves healthy
- Understand the need for an intersectional approach to working with the client group
Who should attend?
This training is only open to people who work in London.
This course is delivered online using Big Marker and you will receive an invitation to register with this platform once your booking has been approved. In our virtual classroom, you will explore some of the topics from the self-guided learning in more depth and cover new topics. The training session will involve tutor presentation, question and answer opportunities and group work activities.
This training is free thanks to funding from
This event is fully booked.