Date(s) - 28 Nov 2018
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location Merrion House Merrion Way Leeds LS2 8BB United Kingdom
Trauma informed practice: a course for frontline workers
Trauma informed practice is a one day course for frontline workers who want to learn more about how to recognise and sensitively respond to people who have experienced trauma. In addition to exploring what a trauma informed approach looks like, you will have the opportunity to reflect on your practice. You will also take away some practical tools to help you respond in a more trauma informed way when working with service users.
AVA are running this course in partnership with Leeds City Council (Safer Leeds – Domestic Violence Team).
- Understand what a trauma informed approach is and why adopting this is good for service users.
- Understand how experiences of trauma affect people.
- Look at ways to improve safety and support planning.
- Think about the impact of working with people affected by trauma and to explore strategies for self-care.
- Reflect on current practice and create a personal action plan.
- Take away practical, adaptable tools that will help you to work in a trauma informed way.
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who works with people affected by Violence Against Women and Girls. This includes domestic abuse and sexual violence. You might want to attend if you work in health, social care, housing, criminal justice, education or the women’s sector.
To attend this course you must have already attended AVA’s Complicated Matters 1 day training course. Alternatively, you should complete our free online Complicated Matters eLearning course. We will assume that all delegates on trauma informed practice have this baseline knowledge.
This course has 5 CPD points. You can find out more about Continuing Professional Development here.
Please use the quick and easy form below to book your place.
Please read our FAQ sheet before booking.
Book ‘Trauma informed practice: a course for frontline workers’ below now.
When you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com. If you do not see the email, please check your spam folder and/or your firewall settings. You will also receive joining instructions closer to the start of the training.
Bookings are closed for this event.