Date(s) - 17 Oct 2019
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location Leeds City Council Merrion House, 110 Merrion Centre Leeds LS2 8BB United Kingdom
Please go to the reception desk on the upper ground floor to be guided to the training room.
Trauma informed practice is a one day course. It is for frontline workers who want to learn more about how to recognise and sensitively respond to people who have experienced trauma. In addition to exploring what a trauma informed approach looks like, you will have the opportunity to reflect on your practice. You will also take away some practical tools to help you respond in a more trauma informed way when you work with service users.
- Understand what a trauma informed approach is and why adopting this is good for service users.
- Understand how experiences of trauma affect people.
- Look at ways to improve safety and support planning.
- Think about the impact of working with people affected by trauma and to explore strategies for self-care.
- Reflect on current practice and create a personal action plan.
- Take away practical, adaptable tools that will help you to work in a trauma informed way.
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who works with people affected by Violence Against Women and Girls. This includes domestic abuse and sexual violence. You might want to attend if you work in: health, social care, housing, criminal justice, education or the women’s sector.
We strongly recommend that you attend our face to face Complicated Matters: Links Between Domestic and Sexual Violence, Substance Use and Mental Ill-health course or complete this course as an online e-learning course. For individuals our courses are £15 each or £25 for two. Sign up here or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help with your purchase.
This ensures better understanding when attending this course. Please look at the Complicated Matters course description before booking onto this course to evaluate your level of knowledge is appropriate.
This course has 5 CPD points. You can find out more about Continuing Professional Development here.
If you would like us to deliver this course as in-house training for your organisation please email email@example.com.
Bookings are closed for this event.