Date(s) - 08 Sep 2022
10:00 am - 11:30 am
This webinar looks at the definition, prevalence and nature of Gender Based Violence (GBV), including domestic abuse, forced marriage, so-called honour based violence, sexual abuse & rape and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM). Intersectionality, the impacts of abuse, support services, prevention ideas and links between societies expectations and demands of women and girls and GBV will also be explored.
By the end of the course, you will:
- have a better understanding of GBV, including domestic abuse, forced marriage, so-called honour based violence, sexual abuse & rape, online abuse and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM).
- gain an understanding of the prevalence and gendered nature of GBV
- understand intersectionality in relation to GBV
- reflect on your own unconscious bias
- explore the link between societies expectations and demands of women and girls and GBV
- explore the power of language within service provision
- be able to describe indicators of GBV and understand the impacts
- have an understanding of how to respond to disclosures of GBV
- be able to demonstrate and understand the reasons why it is difficult to leave an abusive relationship
- have a better knowledge of relevant support services
- Explore actions for GBV prevention
Bookings are closed for this event.