Date(s) - 30 May 2022
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Safeguarding Training for VAWG Organisations: a course for frontline practitioners and managers is an online training. It is for professionals who want to build their confidence and practice in safeguarding those without care & support needs. You will have the opportunity to reflect on your practice, enhance your knowledge and take away some practical tools.
- To increase your understanding of the language of safeguarding and relate it to our context
- To understand your safeguarding responsibilities and what to do if you are worried about an adult with care and support needs
- To consider how you help those without care & support needs who need safeguarding
- To understand reporting processes and where to find local information
- To reflect on your role and a trauma informed response to a multi-agency safeguarding adults response
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who works with people affected by Violence Against Women & Girls. This includes domestic abuse and sexual violence. You might want to attend if you work in: health, social care, housing, criminal justice, education or the women’s sector.
This course is delivered online using Bigmarker and is an interactive training session. The training session is tutor led and will last for three hours, including a 20 minute break. The training session will involve tutor presentation, question and answer opportunities and group work activities.
This event is fully booked.