Date(s) - 08 Jun 2022
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Recognising & understanding trauma related behavior in the classroom is an online training course. It is for school professionals who want to learn more about how to recognise and sensitively respond to children who have experienced trauma. In addition to understanding trauma behaviour, you will have the opportunity to reflect on your practice. You will also take away some practical tools to help you respond in a more trauma informed way when you work with children.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand what trauma is.
- Understand the impacts of trauma that is experienced early in life.
- Explore the behavioural signs of trauma in children.
- Develop an understanding of latent vulnerability.
- Develop an understanding and skills around trauma-informed support for children.
- Understand how to promote children’s resilience and recovery.
- Take away practical, adaptable tools that will help you to work in a trauma informed way.
Who should attend?
This course is for schools professionals who want to develop knowledge around trauma and skills in trauma-informed support for children.
This interactive course will last 2 hours including a 15 minutes break.
Bookings are closed for this event.