Date(s) - 03 Feb 2021
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This course is free to attend due to funding from the Home Office.
This course looks at the definition, prevalence and nature of Gender Based Violence (GBV), including domestic abuse, forced marriage, so-called honour based violence, sexual abuse & rape and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM). Intersectionality and indicators of abuse will also be explored.
By the end of the course, you will:
- have a better understanding of GBV, including domestic abuse, forced marriage, so-called honour based violence, sexual abuse & rape and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM).
- be able to describe different types of abusive behaviours that perpetrators use
- gain an understanding of the prevalence and nature of GBV
- understand intersectionality in relation to GBV
- be able to describe indicators of abuse
Eligibility/Who should attend?
The course is relevant for any practitioner whose work brings them into contact with survivors of domestic abuse, and who want to develop a deeper understanding of the issue to better support survivors.
This course is delivered online using Zoom as a 2 hour webinar with a break and then space for group discussion and questions with the trainer.
This event is fully booked.