Date(s) - 28 Sep 2021
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This interactive course is for frontline workers who want to learn more about how to recognise and sensitively respond to people who have experienced trauma. In addition to exploring what a trauma informed approach looks like, you will have the opportunity to reflect on your practice. You will also take away some practical tools to help you respond in a
more trauma informed way when you work with service users.
By the end of the course, you will:
● Understand what a trauma informed approach is and why adopting this is good
for service users.
● Understand how experiences of trauma affect people.
● Look at ways to improve safety and support planning.
● Think about the impact of working with people affected by trauma and to explore
strategies for self-care.
● Reflect on current practice and create a personal action plan.
● Take away practical, adaptable tools that will help you to work in a trauma
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who works with people affected by gender based violence.
This includes domestic abuse and sexual violence. You might want to attend if you work
in: health, social care, housing, criminal justice, education or the women’s sector.
This event is fully booked.