Date(s) - 26 May 2016
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location King’s College London Room 2.03 Bush House (Use North East Entrance on 30 Aldwych Holborn London WC2B 4BG United Kingdom
Designed to help professionals understand and identify the dynamics and psychological issues arising from work with victims of violence. Support is given to address the issues with the client and to promote strategies for self-care, highlighting the appropriate use of supervision and debriefing. It provides an opportunity to recognise and celebrate achievements and reflect on challenges met at a personal and professional level.
- To develop a framework for understanding the impact of working with victims of abuse on the worker
- To practise self-care strategies when issues arise from supporting victims
- To develop insights into the dynamics of working relationships between victims and front line staff
- To reflect on achievements and goals
- To enhance skills to promote health and well-being at work.
Who should attend?
Staff from front line services who want to develop strategies for promoting self-care and good working relationships.
Bookings are closed for this event.