Date(s) - 04 Feb 2020
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Location The Foundry 17 Oval way London SE11 5RR United Kingdom
This training is aimed at those delivering women’s peer support to understand the experiences of women who have faced gender-based violence in order to improve peer support within the groups. It is open to those that organise or host groups as well as to peer facilitators.
- What is gender-based violence? What attitudes and beliefs do we hold?
- What is the impact of gender-based violence?
- What are the barriers to women accessing and getting the support they need?
- What barriers do women face disclosing?
- What to do if someone discloses
- How does disclosure of gender-based violence impact on peer settings?
- What is available to help?
- Trauma triggers and soothing and grounding techniques
- Action planning to embed learning
Bookings are closed for this event.