Date(s) - 18 Feb 2020
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location The Waterfront Meeting Rooms Welsh Back Bristol BS1 4SB United Kingdom
This training is aimed at those delivering women’s peer support to understand the experiences of women who have faced Gender-based Violence in order to improve peer support within the groups.
This course is aimed at those providing women’s only peer support and is run in conjunction with survivors of gender based violence. As such we ask that only women attend the training.
It is open to those that organise or host groups, as well as to peer facilitators.
- What is Gender-based Violence? What attitudes and beliefs do we hold?
- What is the impact of Gender-based Violence?
- What are the barriers to women accessing and getting the support they need?
- What barriers do women face disclosing?
- What to do if someone discloses
- How does disclosure of Gender-based Violence impact on peer settings?
- What is available to help?
- Trauma triggers and soothing and grounding techniques
- Action planning to embed learning
Bookings are closed for this event.