Date(s) - 19 Feb 2024
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
The WiSER Project is a partnership of specialist charities working to end male violence and abuse. The project works with women who are frequently excluded from mainstream services and/or find it hard to engage with support. The services provide outreach activity, trauma informed approach and flexible 1-1 and group support.
The WiSER Project works with women and girls over 16 living in Camden, Enfield, Haringey, Islington, Waltham Forest, Hackney, Barnet and Tower Hamlets who are experiencing violence or abuse and are affected by severe and multiple disadvantages.
Please note this training is only open to people who work in these London Boroughs or across these Boroughs. If you book this course and work outside of London/these boroughs your booking will be rejected.
This course is for frontline workers who want to learn more about how to recognise and sensitively respond to people who have experienced trauma.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand what a trauma informed approach is and why adopting this is good for service users.
- Had the opportunity to reflect on your current practice and build practical knowledge and skills in trauma informed service delivery.
- Looked at ways to improve safety and support planning.
- Explored techniques used to manage common mental health problems
- Take away practical, adaptable tools that will help you to work in a trauma informed way.