Date(s) - 12 Nov 2020
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
£100.00 - £140.00
DATE 1: 12th November 2020 10am-1pm
DATE 2: 19th November 2020 10am-1pm
Participants will attend both dates.
This interactive course developed and delivered by AVA and Beyond the Streets will help participants increase their understanding of the perspectives and language that exists to talk about prostitution/the sex industry and will equip participants with an understanding of the value of a trauma informed approach.
- To increase understanding of the complexity of the issues in the UK
- Understand who is most affected by this issue and the benefits of framing it as Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG)
- Gain an awareness of the barriers women face in accessing help and/or exiting
- Explore differing perspectives and language
- Feel more confident asking women about their experiences of prostitution/ the sex industry
- Understand the impact of trauma and the benefits of a trauma informed approach in this context
- Reflect on what this means for me and my organisation
Who should attend?
The course is relevant for any practitioner whose work brings them into contact with women who have experienced multiple disadvantage and would like to learn more about the issue and what this means for their role in helping women.
This course will be delivered over two dates online using Zoom. You will be given pre-reading before the course. You will receive details of the Zoom meeting in your confirmation email and a separate email from email@example.com.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any difficulties.