Date(s) - 15 Jul 2021
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Managing the secondary effects of working with trauma will help professionals understand and identify the dynamics and psychological issues that come from work with survivors of trauma. You will be supported to address the issues with the client and to look at ways to promote self-care, especially the appropriate use of supervision and reflective practice. Additionally, the training will provide you with the opportunity to recognise and celebrate achievements and also to reflect on challenges met at a personal and professional level.
By the end of the course, learners will:
- Be able to describe of the affects of working with trauma survivors on the worker.
- Have an understanding of the dynamics of the working relationships between survivors and professionals.
- Have increased knowledge about self care strategies for working with trauma survivors.
- Started developing a self-care ‘toolkit’.
- Have greater awareness of their own strengths and achievements in working with trauma survivors.
- Be empowered and skilled to promote their own health and well-being at work.
Who should attend?
This training is only open to people who work in London.
Due to funding needs people who work in organisations who haven’t accessed free Ascent training before will be prioritised.
People who work with women who have experienced violence and abuse who want to manage the effects. People who want to look at ways to promote self-care and good working relationships.
How to apply?
Please fill out this survey. You will be informed if you have a place at least two weeks before the course. This course is only open to people who work in London.
This course is delivered online using Zoom and involves self-guided learning and an interactive training session. A week before the session, you will receive the materials for you to work through in your own time and should take no longer than an hour to complete. The training session is tutor led and will last for three hours, including a 20 minute break. In our virtual classroom, you will explore some of the topics from the self-guided learning in more depth and cover new topics. The training session will involve tutor presentation, question and answer opportunities and group work activities.
This training is free thanks to funding from