Date(s) - 26 May 2020
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location The Foundry Conference Centre 17 Oval Way Oval London SE11 5RR United Kingdom
This training date has been postponed until further notice. Applications for a place are still accepted and you will be notified of the new date.
Domestic and sexual violence, substance use and mental ill-health are three issues which often co-exist. And when they do, things can become complicated. This training is designed to ‘uncomplicate’ matters by raising awareness about how the three issues intersect and offer effective ways to engage with individuals and families who are affected by these issues.
- Understand the links between experiences of domestic and sexual violence, mental ill-health and substance use
- Understand the difficulties survivors with complex needs face in making change
- Become familiar with ways to encourage survivors to engage with services and how to meet their needs
- Understand the impact on children and how to work with the whole family
- Identify ways to increase safety for survivors and their children
- Know how to ask about each of the issues in an appropriate manner
- Have greater knowledge of possible referral pathways and support services
- Learn how to hold perpetrators accountable for their own violent and abusive behaviour
- Provide practical, adaptable tools which enable organisations to improve policy and practice.
Eligibility/Who should attend?
The course is relevant for any practitioner whose work brings them into contact with survivors of domestic and sexual violence, who may also be affected by substance use and/or mental ill-health. Applicants who work with women experiencing an will be priority when assigning places.
People who work in underrepresented boroughs and new organisation will be prioritised when assigning places.
How to apply
Please fill out this online survey. This training is only open to those who work in London. In complete applications will not be considered. Places will be prioritised for those applying from organisations who have yet to access Ascent training and in underrepresented boroughs.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will close on the 4th of May
You will be informed if you have gained a place by the end of the 6th of May.
This course is also available as an online e-learning course. For individuals our courses are £15 each or £25 for two. Sign up here or email email@example.com for help with your purchase. We can help you with purchasing multiple logins at discounted prices for your organisation too.
This course has 6 CPD points. You can find out more about Continuing Professional Development here.
If you would like us to deliver this course as in-house training for your organisation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.