Date(s) - 19 Nov 2018
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
£100.00 - £140.00
Location Merrion House Merrion Way Leeds LS2 8BB United Kingdom
Complicated Matters: The links between experiences of domestic and sexual violence, substance use and mental ill-health
Domestic and sexual violence, substance use and mental ill-health are three issues which often co-exist. And when they do, things can become complicated. This training will ‘uncomplicate’ matters by raising awareness about the links between experiences of domestic and sexual violence, substance use and mental ill-health. You will learn effective ways to engage with individuals and families who are affected by these issues.
AVA are running this course in partnership with Leeds City Council (Safer Leeds – Domestic Violence Team).
- Understand the links between experiences of domestic and sexual violence, substance use and mental ill-health.
- Understand the difficulties survivors with complex needs face in making change.
- Learn how to encourage survivors to engage with services and how to meet their needs.
- Understand the affects on children and how to work with the whole family.
- Identify ways to increase safety for survivors and their children.
- Learn how to ask about each of the issues in an appropriate way.
- Increase knowledge of possible referral pathways and support services.
- Learn how to hold perpetrators accountable for their own violent and abusive behaviour.
- Provide practical, adaptable tools to help organisations to improve policy and practice.
Who is this for?
The course is for anyone who works with survivors of domestic and sexual violence, who may also be affected by substance use and/or mental ill-health.
This course has 6 CPD points. You can find out more about Continuing Professional Development here.
Please use the quick and easy form below to book your place.
Please read our FAQ sheet before booking.
Book Complicated Matters: The links between experiences of domestic and sexual violence, substance use and mental ill-health below now
When you have booked you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not see the email, please check your spam folder and/or your firewall settings. You will also receive joining instructions closer to the start of the training.