Date(s) - 02 Jul 2018
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location The Pavillion Hatherley Lane Cheltenham GL51 6PN United Kingdom
Becoming trauma informed: a training course for service managers
The need for services to be trauma-informed is increasingly well understood. But what does it actually mean in practice? This one-day course on becoming trauma-informed is for managers who are responsible for the design and delivery of health and social care services.
On this course you will gain an understanding of how to recognise and sensitively respond to the effects of trauma. You will use a range of management tools to review current practice. Finally, you will create a plan on becoming trauma informed and introducing a trauma-informed ethos to your service(s).
AVA are running this course in partnership with GDASS (Gloucestershire Domestic Abuse Support Service).
- Understand what a trauma informed environment is and why adopting a trauma informed approach is appropriate in health and social care services.
- Understand how trauma affects people and how this affects staff.
- Develop an idea of what being trauma-informed will look like for your service(s).
- Explore in depth how to practically implement a trauma-informed approach.
- Understand what secondary or vicarious trauma is and to explore strategies for self-care.
- Take away practical and adaptable tools that will enable your organisation to improve policy and practice.
- Develop an action plan for becoming trauma-informed in your service.
Who should attend?
This course is for service managers and people involved in service development. To attend this course you are required to have already attended AVA’s Complicated Matters 1 day training course or completed our free online Complicated Matters elearning course. We will assume that all delegates on becoming trauma informed will have this baseline knowledge.
This course has 5 CPD points. You can find out more about Continuing Professional Development here.
Please use the quick and easy form below to book your place.
Please read our FAQ sheet before booking.
Book Becoming trauma informed: a training course for service managers below now.
When you have booked you will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com. If you do not see the email, please check your spam folder and/or your firewall settings. You will also receive joining instructions closer to the start of the training.
Bookings are closed for this event.