Date(s) - 06 Dec 2017
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location Amnesty International UK 25 New Inn Yard London EC2A 3EA United Kingdom
Adolescent to parent violence
An interactive and practical course, ‘adolescent to parent violence’ (APV) will raise awareness on the issue of APV. You will explore the dynamics of APV as a profile of domestic abuse. You will also look at information on definitions, background theories, prevalence, risk factors, case studies and behaviour patterns. Additionally, you will consider the problems of engaging with families around this issue and you will gain an overview of current service provision (models of work).
The course will increase your knowledge of this issue and help you with ways to respond. Finally, although it is not a training to deliver a specific intervention model, you will also look at some useful activities for both parents and young people who may be experiencing APV.
- Increased understanding of the dynamics and contexts of perspectives on adolescent to parent violence (APV)
- Increased understanding of patterns of abusive behaviour and family case studies
- Knowledge about the barriers and approaches to engage with young people and parents about this issue
- Knowledge about background theory, sector statistics and risk factors
- Increased knowledge about current service provision and developing practice
- Increased confidence in working with families on this issue.
Who is this for?
Adolescent to parent violence is for anyone who works with young people or families and who wants to learn more about APV. It is suitable for both front line workers and service managers including domestic abuse specialists, youth offending teams, social care & children’s services, youth workers, parenting workers, educationalists etc. People who work in other roles that are not listed are welcome to apply. Some prior knowledge and understanding of domestic abuse would be beneficial.
Please use the quick and easy form below to book your place.
Please read our FAQ sheet before booking.
Book adolescent to parent violence now below
Bookings are closed for this event.