AVA is experienced at providing consultancy to a wide range of voluntary and public sector organisations. Our approach to consultancy is evidence based and survivor focussed . As a charity that produces our own ground breaking policy and research our consultancy work draws on the latest evidence. We place survivors at the heart of work, training them to work alongside us as peer researchers and co- trainers, and this is reflected in our consultancy work- through employing them to co facilitate focus groups , and ensuring that your service users voice is amplified through our consultancy.
What we offer
Our consultancy offer is based on working with you to improve the support that survivors of gender based violence receive. It draws particularly on our record in working with multiple disadvantage and children and young people. We can provide:
Our approach to evaluation is formative- we work alongside you, feeding in our learning to improve your project as we evaluate it. We use a mixed methods approach, giving you the hard data you need for funders as well as the case studies and experience that help you understand the impact of your project. Our reports are practical- we also include positive recommendations for improvements that respond to the issues raised and draw on best practice. Examples of our work include:
- Peace of Mind- an evaluation of a programme of work by Solace Women’s Aid to create a psychologically informed environment for their refuge provision
- Coordinating the Intervention: an evaluation of a pan eaurpean programme of education and training for VAWG coordinators in local government.
In carrying out stakeholder communications, we are able to draw on many years experience of working with practitioners, opinion formers, commissioners and survivors. Our methods include
- Focus groups
- Interviews- face to face or by phone
- On line surveys
And we are experienced at working with commissioners, survivors,practitioners and opinion formers. Examples of our work include:
- A consultation with women whose partners had been subject to perpetrator interventions, to inform the Drive project
- A consultation for Brighton, Hove and East Sussex councils to inform the devlopment of their new “Violence against women and girls strategy” – involving survivors, practitioners and other key stakeholders.
Subject Matter Expertise
All of our staff and associates are experts in the field of Violence Against Women and Girls. Consultancy work where we have worked as subject matter experts include:
- Carrying out a substantial review for Warwickshire County Council to inform the devlopment of their new Violence Against Women and Girls Strategy.
- Work with Sutton Council and the Limes PRU to develop a kitemark for relationship education in local schools
If you would like further information about how we can support your organisation through consultancy, please contact us.