A call for applications
AVA has launched a new project – ‘Staying Mum’ – in order to develop responses to women facing multiple disadvantage who have had their children removed.
As part of the project we are looking to recruit up to twenty professionals to found a community of practice on focusing on women’s experiences of multiple disadvantage and child removal.
This platform will bring together practitioners across the UK who are passionate about working with women affected by violence against women and girls, multiple disadvantage and child removal.
The community of practice will come together to:
· Learn more about the specialism, with the opportunity to enhance your knowledge about support women experiencing multiple disadvantage and child removal
· Feed in to evidence gathering exercises as part of the wider project
· Engage with the wider Staying mum project, including awareness raising and influencing activities
This is a fantastic opportunity for professionals to come together and connect with equally committed professionals from across the UK with opportunity to shape national-level policy and practice.
To find out more about the community of practice please see the following document –
Applications to become a member should be submitted via the following link https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ApplicationCOP
Overview of role and expectations of community members
Members of the community of practice will be asked to:
- Attend a minimum of two networking events over the life of the two year project. Networking events will be held virtually light of current circumstances until this can be reviewed.
- Contribute to community online activities, including online discussions about practice issues, review guidance and articles on practice matters.
- Get manager’s support to participate as the role will require attending training/meetings and otherwise contributing to the work of the community that may require time away from your professional duties.
- Pay for own travel expenses for training and networking events.
We want to create a community of practice that is a vibrant space for practitioners who otherwise might be isolated in their place of work to learn and grow together.
We are looking for professionals who:
- Can demonstrate a passion for and commitment to supporting women affected by multiple disadvantage and child removal
- Have recent experience of working with women affected by violence against women and girls, child removal and other forms of multiple disadvantage (for example mental ill health, substance use, contact with the criminal justice system, homelessness).
- Are currently employed or self-employed in a field directly related to women’s multiple disadvantage, VAWG and/or child removal
- Are looking to develop their professional knowledge and skills around working with women affected by multiple disadvantage and child removal
- Have the potential to feed back their learning into their own organisation, and further to influence practice more broadly in their local area of work (with support).
How do I apply?
If you are interested in becoming a member of the community of practice please use the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ApplicationCOP
All applications must be submitted online by 5pm on 12th June 2020.
A full application pack can be accessed here –
If you have any questions about the community of practice, please contact email@example.com