We are looking for an Communications and Administrative Officer to join our small and supportive team, working 21.6 hours (3 days) a week.
Are you a feminist with a flair for social media and a great eye for detail? AVA (Against Violence and Abuse) are looking for a Communications and Administrative Officer for our busy head office in London. Working as part of a small and passionate team committed to ending gender based violence, your duties would include responsibility for our monthly newsletter, maintaining our social media presence and providing administrative support for our work.
We can offer a friendly feminist working culture and a chance to make a difference to women’s lives by supporting our projects.
Responsibilities of the post include
- Produce high quality bi-monthly newsletter on Mailchimp with support from wider team.
- Maintaining AVA’s Social media presence on Twitter and Linkedin and contribute to the development of multi-media content.
- Support the Resource Director in maintaining and developing effect administrative and office systems, ensure effective and appropriate use of space and resources.
Requirements of the post include
- Proven excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to use Social media as communication tool
- Attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
- Experience of delivering interactive training using a range of training methods.
- The ability and willingness to travel across the UK to deliver training on a regular basis, including overnight stays.
We are looking for someone to work 21.6 (3 days) a week. There is flexibility regarding to working hours but you will need to be available for at least 2 whole days a week. The salary is £22,762 (pro rata), which works out to £13,657 per annum. The post is based in our office in Vauxhall, London.
Applications should consist of:
- Your CV which must include details of your education, qualifications and any relevant training, your employment history and 2 referees.
- A covering letter, no more than 2 sides of A4 in total, which outlines why you want the job and your skills, experience and knowledge in relation to each of the points in Person Specification.
- A completed equal opportunities monitoring form.
Please send your application to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 17 September. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 26 September.
By making an application you are stating that you are legally entitled to work in the UK. The appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
AVA is an equal opportunities employer. Please contact us if you would like to see our Equal Opportunities and Anti-Harassment Policy. If you don’t have a CV prepared and would rather make your application by filling in our standard application form please contact us to request one.