AVA has vast experience and expertise in working with survivors of gender based violence and abuse and supporting the professionals and organisations who work with them.
We offer support and advice for Trusts, Local Authorities and other service providing agencies on improving responses to domestic and sexual abuse through our BARTA (Be Aware and Respond to Abuse) service.
We can provide consultancy services on a wide range of topics including
- improving support to victims
- survivor consultation
- group facilitation
- partnership working
- project management
- policy development
- service and project evaluation
- organisational development.
We have particular expertise in children and young people and multiple disadvantage.
Ongoing and recent consultancy work includes
- Support and advice for Mental Health Trusts wanting to improve their responses to domestic and sexual abuse through our BARTA (Be Aware and Respond To Abuse) programme.
- Developing an Understanding domestic violence and abuse elearning course for Public Health England to enable health and social care professionals to meet levels 1 and 2 of the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines.
- Working with Solace Women’s Aid and the London Borough of Enfield to develop a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) model to improve the outcomes for women and children in refuges with mental health issues.
- Providing the Independent Chair for the MsUnderstood Project, a partnership between the University of Bedfordshire, Imkaan, and the Girls Against Gangs Project which works to improve local and national responses to young people’s experiences of gender inequality.
- Consultancy and training support to the Royal Navy to develop responses to domestic and sexual violence in line with Ministry of Defence guidance.
- Consultancy and training support to Citizens Advice to support the pilot and subsequent roll out of the “ASK Routine Enquiry Programme”.
Undertaking an independent evaluation of the Greater Manchester Victim Support Healthcare Referral Project.
- Supporting Shepherds Bush Housing Group to design an online reporting platform for young people as part of their Domestic Violence Online Project.
- Moderating the Student room online forum and ‘This is Abuse’ Home Office Campaign.
If you would like further information about how we can support your organisation through consultancy, please contact us.