We work to support children and young people to have healthy relationships and to overcome the impact of exposure to violence and abuse.
We aim to
- Ensure children and young people’s voices are at the heart of our work and inform all that we do.
- Equip practitioners, policy makers and commissioners to better understand the complexities of young people’s lives and the intersecting issues that they face.
- Embed and promote our prevention work into schools and other youth settings.
- Develop innovative responses and resources for practitioners and children and young people to promote understanding, needs and safety.
We do this via
- Training and events for individuals and in-house training for organisations.
- Information, policy briefings, consultation responses and resources on working with children and young people affected by gender based violence and abuse, including our dedicated children and young people’s workers e-forum network.
- Consultancy work to assist you in working with children and young people affected by gender based violence, including improving cross sector working and looking at intersecting needs.
- Policy work to embed the voices and views of children and young people affected by gender based violence and abuse at a national and local level.
- Development work to support young people, respond to emerging issues and promote models of good practice.
- Practical advice and support for frontline workers (via email, telephone or in person) on all issues to do with children, young people and gender based violence.
- Prevention work in schools and other youth settings including our award winning Ask AVA website which helps schools and other youth settings develop a comprehensive approach to preventing gender based violence.