Through our BARTA change management package AVA offers support and advice for trusts, local authorities and other service providing agencies on improving responses to domestic and sexual abuse.
BARTA supports service providing agencies to improve organisation-wide responses to domestic and sexual abuse. It has been developed from the findings of our extensive pilot programme delivered in partnership with two Mental Health Trusts between 2013 -2016. This pilot programme was evaluated by King’s College London.
The BARTA change management package aims to help your organisation
- Increase identification of historic and current domestic and sexual abuse.
- Increase the number of your service users receiving support for their experiences, including MARAC referrals.
- Reduce the rates of repeat victimisation/perpetration.
- Improve the wellbeing of your service users who are survivors of abuse.
- Enable you to fulfil relevant duties and meet applicable standards, e.g. the duties under the Care Act 2014 to address domestic and sexual abuse and the 2014 NICE guidance.
The BARTA change management package will give you the support, advice and tools to
- Identify areas for improvement and develop an action plan.
- Promote and embed the message across your organisation and domestic and sexual abuse is ‘core business’.
- Create a workforce that is knowledgeable, skilled and confident in asking about experiences of domestic and sexual abuse and responding to disclosures.
- Develop and implement clear policies and area pathways for survivors and perpetrators of domestic and sexual abuse.
- Build working relationships with local specialist services for survivors and perpetrators of domestic and sexual abuse.
How the BARTA change management process works
We will adapt the package according to the size, needs and expectations of your organisation. Costs start from £5,000 for an introductory package based on the following steps, which will usually be completed within 6 months:
Additional support from BARTA can include:
- Specialist training
- E-learning that can be integrated into your internal systems
- Service user consultation and feedback.
Make the first steps to improving your responses to domestic and sexual abuse – contact us to find out more about the BARTA change management package today.